Go to main navigation
« Return to "Blog"
Your tax time is running out
Hopefully the approaching tax deadline is not a shock to you. If time is running out, filing an extension on or before April 15th would push your extended deadline to October 15th, 2019. Below are some other important dates to follow for the rest of the year:
Deadline Dates for 2019
April 15, 2019
• Deadline to file individual tax returns (Form 1040) for the year 2018 or to request an automatic extension (Form 4868). An extension provides an extra six months to file your return. Payment of the tax is still due by April 15. You can submit payment for any taxes you owe along with the extension form.
• Last day to make a contribution to traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Health Savings Account, SEP-IRA, or solo 401(k) for the 2018 tax year. You have until October 15 to fund a SEP-IRA or solo 401(k) if you get an extension.
• First-quarter estimated tax payments due for the 2019 tax year
• Deadline to file estate income tax or trust income tax returns (Form 1041) or to request an automatic five-month extension of time to file (Form 7004)
May 31, 2019
• Deadline for financial institutions to send out Form 5498 to report balances in an individual retirement account for the year 2018.
June 17, 2019
• 2nd quarter estimated tax payments due for the 2018 tax year
October 1, 2019
• Deadline for self-employed persons or small employers to establish a SIMPLE-IRA
October 15, 2019
• Final deadline to file individual tax returns for the year 2018. (Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ)
• Last day the IRS will accept an electronically filed tax return for the year 2018. If filing after October 15, you'll have to mail in your tax return for processing.
• Final deadline to fund a SEP-IRA or solo 401(k) for tax year 2018 if you requested an automatic extension of time to file.
« Return to "Blog"