Preauthorized or automatic electronic withdrawals such as phone and utility bills. Also, transactions done using online (PC & mobile) and phone transfers using e-Phone, fax, or by calling our Contact Center. This applies when funds are coming from an account type listed above.
- The funds are being transferred to another account.
- The funds are being sent to a third party via preauthorization, Bill Pay, or wire transfer.
- The funds are being automatically transferred from a Share Savings to a Share Draft Checking to cover an overdraft.
- The funds are a scheduled transfer that was set-up by account holder in home banking
What Happens When the Reg D Limit is Reached in a Calendar Month?
Once you have reached the six (6) allowable transactions in a calendar month, you will not be allowed to make further transfers/withdrawals from the affected account unless they are made in person at a branch location, Shared Service Center or at an ATM.Transaction attempts from an account type noted above will be declined, unless in-person or at an ATM.
- Have preauthorized payments (such as phone & utility bills) automatically deducted from a Share Draft account, not a Share Savings account.
- Make one large transfer to your Share Draft Checking to cover anticipated usage, instead of making many small transfers throughout the month.
- Visit a branch or ATM location to make withdrawals or transfers.
- Balance your Share Draft Checking to avoid overdraft transfers from your Share Savings account.
- Apply for a Line of Credit to use as overdraft protection.
- Open a Checking Account. Share Draft accounts are not subject to Reg D restrictions.
Up to six (6) preauthorized or electronic transactions permitted per calendar month from a non-transaction account.
Non-transaction accounts are:
- Share Savings
- Holiday Club
- Money Market
Transactions done using online (PC & mobile) and phone transfers using Cloud mobile dervices or by calling our Member Service Department from an account type listed above.
This rule applies whether:
- Funds are being transferred to another account
- Funds are being sent to a third party via preauthorization, Bill Pay, or wire transfer
- Funds are automatically transferred from a Share Savings to a Share Draft Checking to cover an overdraft
- Funds are scheduled transfers set-up in home banking
- Made in person
- Made using an ATM
- Made by a letter request (considered the functional equivalent of being physically present)
- Made by telephone, fax, PC, or mobile device – if it is an official check payable to the member that is mailed to the member
- Made by the member to pay a loan the member has with the credit union (including MasterCard)